What is SAP?
“SAP” stands for Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing.
SAP Business One is the ERP application offered by SAP, the world’s leader in business software solution, and designed specifically for small-and-mid-sized businesses.
SAP Business One is a single, integrated solution that provides clear visibility into your entire business and complete control over every aspect of your operations. It captures all critical business information for immediate access and use company-wide. Unlike accounting packages and spreadsheets, SAP Business One delivers what you need to manage your key business areas, including:
SAP Business One provides a complete set of tools to help manage and streamline your financial operation. It automates everyday accounting tasks such as maintaining ledger and journal entries, supporting tax calculations, and enabling multi-currency transactions.
- Accounting: automatically handle all key accounting processes, such as journal entries, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Controlling: accurately manage cash flow, track fixed assets, control budgets, and monitor project costs.
- Simplified: management of fixed assets, the virtual fixed asset function frees you from repetitive manual data entry.
- Banking and reconciliation: quickly process reconciliations, bank statements, and payments by various methods including checks, cash, and bank transfers.
- Financial reporting and analysis: create standard or customized reports from real-time data for business planning and audit reviews.
Sales & Customer Management
Convert more prospects, keep customers satisfied, and maximize revenue with an integrated CRM tool that support all business activities: from managing campaigns and tracking leads to administering after sales support.
- Sales & Opportunity Management: To track opportunities and activities from the beginning of contact to deal ending.
- Marketing Campaign Management: To create, manage and analyze your marketing activities.
- Customer Management: To store all critical customer data in one place, synchronize and manage customer contacts stored in Microsoft Outlook
- Service Management: To manage warranty and service contracts efficiently, enter and respond to service calls quickly.
- Reporting & Analysis: To create detailed reports on all aspects of sales process, including forecasting and pipeline tracking
- Mobilize your sales team: To manage your sales information on the move with SAP Business One Sales mobile app
Purchasing and Inventory Control
Every small business needs a systematic approach to managing the procurement process, from requesting vendor quotes, to creating purchase requests and paying vendors. SAP Business One helps manage the complete order-to-pay cycle, including receipts, invoices, returns, and payments.
- Procurement: To create purchase requests, POs, and goods receipts; link purchasing documents and view document trails for audit purposes; and manage returns, additional expenses, and multiple currencies.
- Master Data Management: To manage detailed data by viewing account balance and purchase analyses, and maintaining detailed item purchasing information with price lists and tax information
- Warehouse & Accounting Integration: To achieve real-time synchronization of goods receipts and inventory warehouse levels.
- Process accounts payable: Invoicing, cancellations, and credit memos with a PO reference; plan your material needs; and schedule your purchases accordingly.
- Manageable Reporting: To generate reports with real-time data and display them in various report formats or dashboards.
SAP Business One provides accurate information about inbound and outbound shipments, inventory, and item location. You can value inventory using standard costing, moving average, FIFO, and other methods; monitor stock levels; and track transfers in real time. You can run real-time inventory updates and availability checks and manage standard and special pricing. You can also apply volume, cash, and customer discounts and run reports that reveal their impact.
- Warehouse and inventory management: To manage inventories by using various costing models, maintain item master data, and use multiple units of measure and pricing
- Bin Location Management: To manage stock in multiple warehouses, by dividing into multiple sub-zones, set up allocation rules, optimize stock movement, and reduce picking times.
- Good receipt and issue control: To record goods receipts and issues; track stock locations and transfers; enable consignment, drop-ship, and other orders; and perform inventory and cycle counts.
- Production and material requirements planning: To create and maintain multilevel bills of materials (BOMs), issue and release production orders manually or by back-flush, and globally maintain prices for BOMs.
- Efficient reporting: To generate reports with timely data and display them in various formats or dashboards.
SAP Business One provides powerful analytic and reporting tools. It includes a complimentary and fully integrated version of SAP Crystal Reports® software, so you can gather data from multiple sources and generate timely and accurate reports based on company-wide data. Integrated with Microsoft Office, SAP Crystal Reports lets you choose from a variety of report formats and control access to information displayed.
With alternative analytics powered by SAP HANA, SAP Business One takes advantage of inmemory computing for analysis and reporting. You gain real-time access to predefined dashboards and reports, as well as productivity tools to support decision making.
- Report creation and customization: To access data from multiple sources, create new reports, and customize existing ones in a variety of layouts with minimal IT overhead.
- Interactive analysis: To use with standard MS Excel features to create reports and see your business from new angles.
- Enhance Reports:To Visualize by integrating SAP Lumira for SAP Business One.
Analytics and reporting
SAP Business One empowers your employees to make smart, confident decisions, faster by capturing all critical information across sales, customers, operations, and finance – making it instantly available company-wide.
By integrating this data in one system instead of multiple disconnected spreadsheets, it eliminates duplicate data entry, costs, and related errors.
Together with the fully integrated SAP Crystal Reports for SAP Business One you can create dashboards and reports that provide insight into all business areas.
Intuitive, interactive drill-down functionality helps you get answers to your most pressing questions. Employees can address customer needs faster, and managers can accurately track revenues, costs, and cash flow to assess performance and take quick corrective process.
What is SAP HANA?
The next-generation of our in-memory platform, SAP HANA, simplifies database and data management – and makes it easier for application developers to deliver smart, insight-driven apps. The platform’s new capabilities are optimized for innovation and can help your business compete more effectively in the digital economy. And because SAP HANA is a continuation of the existing platform, you’ll have access to a stable, highly available, and secure data environment for your applications.
The SAP HANA business data platform is unrivaled, combining a robust database with services for creating innovative applications. It enables real-time business by converging transactions and analytics on one in-memory platform. Running on premise or in the cloud, SAP HANA untangles IT complexity, bringing huge savings in data management and empowering decision-makers everywhere with new insight and predictive power.
- Accelerate data processing for real-time insight and action
- Draw insight from complex data sets and ongoing transactions without compromising data privacy
- Re-imagine business processes and create innovative applications
- Achieve business agility and streamline IT
- Advanced in-memory processing to eliminate latency
- Real-time insight from Big Data and the Internet of Things
- Integrated data management that increases scalability and lowers complexity
- Support for modern applications that use geospatial and streaming data
- Tools to keep business secure, minimize downtime, and support compliance with security standards